For healthcare start-ups, the ability to effectively communicate your science and engage stakeholders can often be just as important as the science itself.
But the steps between generating a great idea and rendering it into a tangible company can be intimidating. How do you capture the excitement of your breakthrough science or technology in a succinct written application?
Experts from JLABS and BARDA will discuss best practices for submitting funding proposals, including JLABS’ own QuickFire Challenge platform. During this session we will examine how to identify the right opportunity for your start-up, proposal writing tips, potential pitfalls start-ups should be on the lookout for, and understanding application requirements and how to interpret and address review criteria.
Key Messages for Discussion:
1. Understanding & Speaking to the Criteria
3. Succinct but Thorough: Provide enough context to convince reviewers but remember, finalists will pitch the judges.
4. Filling a Gap (what's your degree of uniqueness)
5. Highlighting your Team
6. Delivering Data-Driven Information
7. Early Innovation & the Importance of Clear Milestones for a Path Forward
8. Crafting Supporting Assets (videos, slides, etc.)
*This program is a product of a collaboration between Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS (JLABS) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a component of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.